Tuesday, July 31, 2012

The #GraysCaliVacay on Instagram


So I realized weeks after we returned from Cali that I never blogged about it.  If this is your first time seeing this blog you should know it is partially for you, partially for my parents but it's mostly a digital archive of my journey with my bride PBG.  If you don't want to read anything there are 275 pictures of the #GraysCaliVacay on Facebook here.

I was in LA for work and PBG met me out there.  This was PBG's first trip to Cali.  She was able to spend the 1st day with my brother Ryan and his lady Tiffany.  They took her up into the hills surrounding LA where she posted this wonderful shot to Instagram


We spent some great QUALITY TIME with Ryan and Tiffany. They have an awesome little apartment up in Silver Lake.  If you were wondering if the giraffe made the trip to LA as you can see it did.  I love the area of LA they live in.


This shot was grabbed at the famous Dresden from the movie Swingers.  This was at the end of a long day where we had lunch at the wheels off yet famous Santa Monica Pier.  Before going out to the Dresden we had dinner at this awesome little local Italian restaurant, Il Capriccio


The next morning we jumped into our rental car and headed up the Pacific Coast Highway.  It was so beautiful.  It took us about 12 hours to get to LA because I wanted to take a picture of everything. There were so many gorgeous views we didn't stop for because it would have taken us all day if we stopped every time.  Here are a few.  My favorite moments from the PCH was seeing PBG taking so many pictures.  Many of our best shots on Facebook are from her. 



My wife loves to nap, but for whatever reason she drives great at night.  After dinner in Monterey I was so tired.  PBG took the wheel and took us up through Oakland and to our destination.  We left LA at 9:45am, and arrived in San Rafael at 1:20am.  


The next day before heading into San Fran we spent some time in this park overlooking the city.  I have been to SF 4 or 5 times and I have never been up here.  What a view!
I could write a blog for each day of SF but to conserve time let me hit the high points.

·  We rode the trolley cars (Which are awesome unless you take them to Fisherman's Wharf.  There was an hour wait to get back on them.  So I called a cab and had to kick an old lady out when she tried to steal it.)  
·  We checked out the Tonga Room & Hurricane Bar at The Fairmont
·  Had a few great meals, dinner at  Wayfare Tavern was my fav 
·  PBG went to the famous Swan’s Oyster Depot while I grabbed some pizza one day for lunch
·  Had dinner at the Beach Chalet in Golden Gate Park to watch the sunset(it was like a sand storm)

We pretty much drove all over SF.  Here is a shot of some of the things we did or saw. 


The last day we got off the beaten path and went up into Muir Woods outside SF.  This was so relaxing, it was a beautiful day, we took in a short hike, and it was a great way to end our trip.  I highly recommend it! 


The #GraysCaliVacay was a huge success.  I have been so blessed to travel for work and for pleasure for so many years.  I am glad that I now get to see the world with my wife.  I look forward to many more trips with her!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eric Gray is the best blogger ever!

Anonymous said...

I wish I could go back and visit California in the early 70s like you guys did. It was a simpler time.