I have now been married almost three weeks and today I want to talk about the Top 30 Things that have changed in my house. Before I was a married man I had a nice 2 1/2 bedroom rent house in Orlando, FL. I never thought it was the most well put together bachelors house, but I still think it is far removed from a guys college dorm or even college apartment.
I had serving spoons, and serving trays. I had some art/pictures on the wall. I even had my pictures framed not duct taped over my toilet. Also, if you know me I often time had candles, even though the house smelled like Dodger. With all that said I want to tell you a few things around the house that have changed since gave my house to Patricia Brinkman.
1. I used to have some spices in the pantry. I now have Spice Jars
2. All my paper products used to be above the kitchen sink, they are now mostly in the laundry storage room.
3. I have a giant glass coffee pot that has yet to be used (I have already asked if we can return this- lost that battle)
4. The laundry is done
5. I have a coffee maker, but not a normal one. I have some steroid-ed up single shot coffee maker that Patrica loves more than me in the morning.
6. The trash can is no longer in the bottom of the panty.
7. The crisper, and other drawers in the fridge are actually being used appropriately.
8. I have new furniture from the in laws. It is awesome, but some how I lost the fight to keep my cloth couch facing the TV.
9. I watch much more TV in the room, rather than on my 42" big screen (so I can be with her as she reads)
10. I am asked 3 times a day "Are you done with this?" Which means "Can you put this crap away?"
11. All my plastic serving ware has been given to Andrew (You're welcome)
12. I have a wok
13. I own not 1 but 5 vases
14. My silverware, not silver, might be the most expensive thing in the house. (don't steal it)
15. It smells good
16. My kitchen table is now a pretty little kitchen island.
17. Dog food, shampoo, treats and other Dodger necessities has been banished from the kitchen to the storage room.
18. The shower is clean
19. I have a new YELLOW shower curtain
20. My DVD and game collection has been replaced by whats seems like 100 martini glasses.
21. My framed Sports Illustrated collection, and framed post of the Madden NFL 08 cover with Vince Young have all been taken down.
22. I have a tool case
23. My Queen size bed is too small for Dodger, me and Patricia
24. My Extra bedroom is now her closet
25. My clothes are folded in drawers instead of on the floor.
26. My Towels match
27. I found out there is a big difference between towels you clean the dishes with, you dry dishes with and that you use to clean with product. (BREAKING NEWS)
28. Along with that I found this certain "yellow" kitchen towel has no purpose except to look pretty.
29. Some pots, knives, and ice cream scoopers are not dishwasher safe. (I washed them anyways)
30. We have a new sitting area in the bedroom. (that has yet to be used)
This list grows daily, and so does my love for Patricia Brinkman.