Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Less than 2 months


Our wedding is less than 2 months away, and we are ready for it to be here. I know it has been awhile since we have posted on the blog so I wanted to spend some time today talking about what we have been up to. But first please enjoy a picture from New Years at the Brinkmans. Ok, back to the topic at hand...

A. We have finalized the groomsmen’s attire. I have been in so many weddings where the groomsmen were required to spend mucho dinero for a rental tux that we didn’t even keep. I wanted to keep it simple and cost efficient for my guys. I realized very quickly how tough that would be. I have literally visited every store in the Altamonte, Fashion, Millennia, and Florida malls, plus both Outlets here in Orlando, not to mention all the time I have spent online! I am happy to say everything has been selected and the boys will look sexy!

B. The Rehearsal Dinner was another tough thing to figure out. We wanted 4Rivers but the wedding venue or hotel won’t allow outside food venders. Then we started brainstorming houses we could do it at. That list was very short and was not going to work. Next, we decided to start looking at other Winter Park Restaurants. We decided on Buca di Beppo. Although, after contacting Buca we realized they were pricey and did not have the perfect room that would fit our group. (It won't be the smallest rehearsal dinner thanks to our legions of bridesmaids and groomsmen). We finally settled on an idea that I had months ago. My parents will be hosting the rehearsal dinner on the brick patio in my back yard with some good ole Texas barbecue from 4Rivers. We are so excited! It might be more work for my family but it provides us with so much freedom, and it will be much more memorable than taking over a mess hall at a local restaurant. Invitations for the rehearsal dinner will be going out shortly.

C. We have booked our DJ and at least 2 live musicians for the ceremony. I can’t say too much here because Patricia already gets on to me for putting too much info on the blog. I think her words are, “You will put so much up there no one will need to come to the wedding because they saw everything already."

Be on the lookout later this week for another blog about the Invitations and our food tasting date at the Winter Park Racquet Club.

No comments: