Thursday, November 11, 2010

Wedding Dress Blog


About a week after Eric and I were engaged my mom and I went to Solutions Bridal. I tried on some pretty dresses, but I wasn't feeling any of them. So, my mom looked through her bridal mags and started making appointments to visit local bridal shops. My mom, aunt and I also have a weekend planned in Miami later in November to check out the fashions down in South Florida. This past Tuesday Nydia (my mom) and I went to my appointment at The Aventura. The owner of the shop helped us. She was so sweet, fun and very passionate about what she does. I picked out about 8 dresses. The first one I tried on was it. It was everything that I had always wanted and it looked good! Nydia knew that dress #1 was it as well, but I proceeded to try the rest on. After I tried on the last dress. I asked to put the first one on again. It keep looking better and better. So we chatted with our new friend, made a deal and now I have a wedding dress in my closet. I can't tell you anymore about it because Eric doesn't need details. Even though he thought that he could see pictures of the dress or the dress on a hanger just not on me. False! I'm way happy with my dress, I can't wait for y'all to see it, and it is another big task off the wedding planning list! KIT! Besos! PB

Howdy- this is Eric now. I wanted to add a bit of context to my expectations and my reaction to the news. I was under the impression the dress would take a few months to pick out. I thought she would drive dang near all over Florida looking for that perfect one. So when she came over to my house, and I asked, "how was your day?" and she said "Fine, I bought a wedding dress, and it's hanging in my house right now." I was thrown for a loop. I was all for it, and so excited she got exactly what she wanted. I just wasn't mentally prepared for that to be done already. Now that it has been a few days I am so happy it's done. That is another thing we can check off of my iPhone 4 Wedding Planner app, iWedding Deluxe.

Laslty, she was right I was not aware I could not see the dress. I just thought I wasn't allowed to see it on her. That is a bummer. Although, just to get even I WILL not let her see me in my suit. EG

No comments: